Communications Engineer Position
YOUR ROLE / YOUR TEAM / YOUR DAY TO DAY
Join our team based in Wessling, near Munich. You will coordinate with ATMOSPHERE's team to design, setup and validate systems depending on customer and project requirements.
You will receive technical responsibility for system key aspects including different RF communication technologies. We combine 4G, 5G and WiFi technologies in our products and complement these with modern Iridium and StarLink satellite links depending on project requirements.
Your task will be to integrate all of these technologies, allowing our products and customers to stay connected at all times.
Additionally to ATMOSPHERE's own applications (e.g. UAV communications) you will also be responsible for coordination and technical integration with external partners. Allowing their hardware and software to utilize the communication capabilities our systems offer.
Our day to day work includes interesting and challenging European H2020, R&D and customer projects. You take part and work closely to senior management in daily activities, communicate status to other organizations and manage together with our team the resolution of incidents and complex technical problems.
• Degree in Telecommunications/Software/Electrical/Aerospace Engineering (or similar)
• Very good knowledge of the challenges to solve during hardware and software integration
• Very good knowledge of Linux command line, networking and routing
• Very good knowledge of Linux network services (DHCP, DNS, Firewalls) is preferable
• Professional experience in similar industry is preferable
• Knowledge of 5G communication is preferable
• Knowledge of modern satellite and cellular communications is an advantage
• Good knowledge of Linux, Python, Docker and Git
• Passion, creativity, and perseverance as well as analytical thinking – also outside the box
• Commitment, reliability, flexibility, resilience and positive learning attitude
• Good organizational skills even with complex processes
• Good skills in written and spoken English – German is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
• Full-time (40 hours / week), with 30 days of paid vacation
• Flexible working hours and places of work when life takes unexpected turns
• Small international team, with many development opportunities
• Family-friendly atmosphere
• Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and are happy to help you learn and grow
• A structured induction as well as regular further training measures
• We are interested in your long-term cooperation and would like you to grow with your tasks
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
• Personal freedom with a high degree of personal responsibility
• Beautiful landscape around the office at our location in Wessling, near Munich.
• Good connection to public transport
• Modern office space and equipment
Please do not hesitate to send us your application via email: